SEO Training: Search and Social Media Marketing Course (Manchester)
Search and Social Media Marketing
Leading lights from the region’s new media industry have joined forces with academics in the North West to produce a groundbreaking new search engine optimisation (SEO) CPD course designed to improve search and social media marketing skills. This course will help Manchester’s SEO community by offering SEO training by the industry for the industry.
Dates for your diary:
- Foundation course – 26th September 2013
- Professional course – 24th October 2013
- Combined (Foundation & Professional)
Is it just another SEO training course in Manchester?
SEO training is just one part of this course, which also integrates the growing demand for managing social media marketing. Search and Social Media Marketing is aimed at both individuals and businesses keen to boost their chances of getting their websites to the top of the search rankings.
This course goes beyond the usual search engine optimisation training, and develops skills in using websites as a business tool with a focus on developing marketing methods that allow the measurement of return on investment (ROI).
Unlike on other SEO courses, you will also:
- Listen and speak to leading experts from the Manchester SEO community who will share their day-to-day practice
- Engage in critical discussions on the theory of online marketing concepts with academics from one of the leading research centres in the area of Information Systems, Organisation and Society (ISOS)
- Participate in an online learning community to support you through the programme
- Attend 10 weekly evening sessions from 4pm to 8pm
- Interact with other delegates on the course and share opportunities to clarify your understanding
- Apply knowledge gained in practice by writing a guest blog post which you will present to the industry speakers.
Search & Social Media Marketing course benefits
Here is what our past course participants have to say about this course:
What SEO training elements are there to this course?
- Understanding the search & social media marketing context
- Understanding how Google and other search engines work
- Learning from your website visitors’ behaviour using Google Analytics
- And many more SEO training topics…
What social media marketing elements are covered?
- Integrating social media into your marketing mix – using Twitter, LinkedIn, FaceBook, YouTube and other platforms
- Developing social media policy
- And many more social media topics…
“This course is going to bring the knowledge of those in the trenches on a level with those in academia and will give great exposure to anyone wanting to update or develop their Search and Social Media Marketing skills.”
Simon Wharton, Managing Director of PushON – Manchester – a guest industry speaker on the programme
“Search and Social Media Marketing is an industry that has experienced exponential growth over the past decade — a course that allows delegates to reflect on the past and prepare for the dynamic future is exactly what is needed.”
Richard Gregory, Chief Operations Officer of Latitude – Warrington – a guest industry speaker on the programme
“MEC are thrilled to be supporting the development of this first of a kind Search and Social Media Marketing course; where academia, industry professionals come together to promote professionalism and creativity in managing search and social marketing.”
David Towers, Head of SEO at MEC UK – a guest industry speaker on the programme.
“This exciting new course offers great content and networking opportunities to people who are serious about entering or developing their skills in the industry.”
Dr Aleksej Heinze, Search & Social Media Marketing programme leader – Salford Business School, University of Salford
Search & Social Media Marketing benefits to you:
- Access to the latest thinking and practice in Search and Social Media Marketing
- Develop and increase your Search and Social Media Marketing skill set
- Industry respected and recognised qualifications
- Enhancement of your employability profile and client recognition
- Flexible learning that suits your day-to-day commitments: one evening per week attendance with online support
Would you like to know more about our courses?
We hold a series of free taster session events, if you would like to attend one of these please contact us!
Would you like to read what past course delegates have learned? Read their SEO and Social Media lessons and reflections on our blog