Who is this online marketing training aimed at?
The Search and Social Media Marketing (SSMM) programme comprises two courses the Foundation, for those who are new to the field of online marketing and the Professional for those with some experience. These courses are delivered in sequence so that straight after completing the Foundation course you can progress to the Professional level.
The SSMM programme is delivered in the evenings with the following approximate time allocations:
- 4:00 – 4:30pm – refreshments and informal discussions
- 4:30 – 6:30pm – training session including hands on practical activities
- 6:30 – 8:00pm – industry guest speaker talk, discussion and questions
Search and Social Media Marketing – Foundation
The Foundation course of Search and Social Media Marketing is for you if you are new to the search marketing subject area and have little or no prior knowledge of online marketing. This course is ideal for you if you are a company director or marketing director who doesn’t need to implement online marketing but does need to supervise others who undertake such activities, such as internal teams or external agencies.
Review of the course by a past delegate on 21st April 2011 – George Wroblewski – Director of Smithfield Wines in Manchester
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/georgewroblewski and his blog post after the completion of the Foundation course.
The four out of eleven stages of the Search and Social Media Marketing process discussed as part of the Foundation course are:
- Stage 3. Keyword research and competition benchmarks
- Stage 4. Social Media research and competition benchmarks
- Stage 7. On-site optimisation
- Stage 8. Off-site optimisation
To join this course you should ideally have some basic IT skills – such as experience in using search engines to conduct research, use of email and social networking sites such as LinkedIn or FaceBook.
Search and Social Media Marketing – Professional
The Professional course of Search and Social Media Marketing is aimed at those who are practitioners in the field and would like to increase their knowledge and understanding of advanced online marketing. More focus is placed in this course on developing business expectations, project management and advanced SEO practices. Also, a full session is dedicated to Social Media marketing and its integration with online marketing.
Here is an example of a review of the professional course by a past delegate on 21st April 2011 – Briony Gunson – Search and Account Executive at Fast Web Media at the time and now at Manning Gottlieb OMD
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/brionygunson. See an example of Briony’s blog post at the end of the professional course.
All 11 stages of the Search and Social Media Marketing programme will be revisited as part of the professional course.
- Project initiation meeting
- Scoping and setting objectives for Search and Social marketing campaign
- Keyword research and competition benchmarks
- Social Media research and competition benchmarks
- Agree key performance indicators
- Develop a website and social media strategy
- On-site optimisation
- Off-site optimisation
- Monitoring and reporting
- Learning and optimisation
- Ongoing project management and project review
To join the professional course you have to be confident that you have an understanding of the topics covered in the Foundation course, a good knowledge of HTML, database design and web page elements. Also, knowledge of spreadsheets is beneficial.
What are the fees for these Search and Social Media Marketing courses?
The full course costs include refreshments at the evening sessions, weekly course material handouts.
- Foundation – £800 + VAT
- Professional – £1,200 + VAT
- Combined price for both of the above is £1,600 + VAT
Training topics included for the training programme
- Search & Social Media Marketing Context
- Fundamental on-site optimisation
- Fundamental off-site optimisation
- Advanced keyword research
- Strategic and operational campaign management
- Advanced SEO tools, diagnostics and audit
- Advanced link building
- Social Media and the impact of Web 2.0
- Editing and Optimising
- Reporting and analytics
- Peer-presentations and Professional review
Internet marketing guest speakers
The course is designed so that every week an academic will lead the delegates through the learning process and an industry guest speaker from the partner organisations. Guest speakers are experienced in Internet marketing and have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in the region and nationally. The input from guest speakers will offer delegates on the course a chance to understand the cutting edge techniques required to get their businesses in front of a huge market of potential customers.
Would you like to know more about our courses?
We hold a series of free taster session events. If you would like to attend one of these please contact us. We will be in touch as soon as the dates are confirmed.
Use #SSMM on Twitter to follow discussions on this course
How to book?
Please note that the course is limited to a maximum of 12 places and our recent cohort was over-subscribed resulting in some disappointed applicants. We recommend you to book early to avoid disappointment.